Software developer with experience in lead & product owner roles as part of a remote/distributed team. Extensive experience in the Market Research industry developing reporting applications and automating Microsoft Office applications.
GfK – Senior Developer, Global Data & Technology
July 2017 – Present
- Lead developer for data tabulation (C#, MrScriptBasic, SQL) and PowerPoint reports (python).
- Develop and maintain data pipeline modules (C#) to parse market research data and automate tabulation scripting (Unicom Professional/Reporter).
- Develop and maintain a python application within the pipeline to transform tabulated data into PowerPoint reports.
- Work with stakeholders to identify best practices and business rules, translate requirements into functional specifications.
- Provide first-level support for data processor users, triageing module failures, identifying interim workarounds when possible.
- Ad hoc data processing support (MRS, DMS scripts).
JD Power – Programmer Manager/Analyst, Global Research Systems
November 2006 – July 2017
- Product owner and UI developer for a proprietary reporting application as a PowerPoint Add-in (VBA, python) + COM server application which yielded ~80% labor reduction per deliverable/presentation.
- Leading an overseas development team; successfully transitioning the knowledge base, maintenance and primary development tasks to offshore contractors.
- Identifying customer requirements, translating non-technical expectations in to functional specifications, overseeing development and prioritizing backlog.
- Design and develop ad hoc VBA applications (Excel) to automate the production of summary graphics, charts, significance testing, and other project-specific requirements.
- Developing training programs and content to lead company-wide initiative for Survey Reporter and proprietary software applications.
- Python 2, 3
- C#/.NET Framework with LINQ
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Unicom Intelligence SDK
- SPSS Statistics 14-21
- Scrum/Agile development
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt training